Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Lilly Love

Call me a HUGE dork {enormously huge}, but this is one of my favorite times of year. Why, you ask? It's the time of year to order a new planner. Working in higher ed, I like my planner to by academic year {Aug - July}. 

Now I'm not the type to use technology for this sort of thing. I don't use my iPhone or iPad to put in meeting or appointment schedules. No. I need a paper planner. It needs to be functional and equally as beautiful. 

I like to physically write down my schedule and to-do lists. I'm the dork who color-codes it all {and crosses off completed tasks}. Birthdays and anniversaries are in pink, bills are in green, work events are in orange, and meetings in yellow. Anything work related is written in black ink, where personal stuff is in blue. For football schedules, Auburn games are in orange ink and UGA games are in red ink. And because I'm trying to be better about sending out birthday/anny cards, I have a reminder of when to mail a card listed a few days before under my "to-do" list.  So yes, I need an old school planner and as I mentioned, it has to be pretty. So what is my go-to planner of choice? Lilly Pulitzer.

These planners are perfect! Spiral bound, both month and day layouts, perfect size to fit in a tote or purse, and complete with adorable stickers to make life fun.

Just ordered this design today: "Shorely Blue Leggy" {can't wait for it to arrive in my mailbox}





So how do you stay organized? Is it through technology or old school planner?

3 comments:

  1. I am old school also, I write everything down! I need to look into getting one of the Lily planners, I've heard nothing but great things about them. Great blog, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Lily...such great color! I use the school board issued blah blue plan book and definitely need to upgrade! Great suggestion Jana! I need you to post about the big green egg...I am trying to convince George he needs one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Danielle! Yes, you MUST look into it. I already received mine in the mail and I can't get enough of the beautifully laid out and colorful pages. It's too cute!

    Aunt Lynda, I will post about the Big Green Egg soon. Great idea! Uncle George HAS to get one. It's amazing and you won't ever go back to regular grilling. Adam smokes pork butts all the time and he has it down to a science. Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete