Friday, June 1, 2012

Opinion Post {Dining Room Wall Decor}

It's Friday and I'm longing for the beautiful weekend ahead.

I have put off finding something to flank my painting in the dining room for too long. Remember the Dining Room Re-do? I posted that back in September...wowzers. I know I want to do a candle sconce of some kind, but I don't want your average sconce...I want something unique and different.

I received my Ballad Designs catalog in the mail last week and I finally got around to flipping through it last night. I've been eying these small antiqued mirrors and saw they are now on sale for $29/each. 
I've also been eying these fabulously unique sconces from Anthropology. They are super funky and organic, which I love. What do you think about pairing the two together for this look:

 

So, that's not my painting... but it was similar in colors and design. 
You can see my work on the link to the Dining Room Re-do.

I tried the Ballard mirrors below the Anthro sconces and they looked like exclamation marks!! 
Tell me your opinion. Do you think the mix of the antiqued mirrors, the funky pottery sconces, and the abstract art are a good balance?

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. What if the mirrors bookended the scones? Not sure how much wall space you have. There are some cute mirrored wall art pieces at Michael's that are mirrors with scalloped edges and adhesive backed. They are similar to this:

    http://www.besthomedesigns.org/tag/walls-stickers-mirror/

    but a lot smaller and not so gaudy. They are actual mirrors, too, not a sticker. Maybe add those to the mix to have three instead of twos to eliminate the 'exclamation point'?

    ReplyDelete