Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Thinking of Spring

If you live in the South, you too may be longing for the weather to STAY warm and for more sunny days. 
We haven't had much of a winter this year and the back and forth of the hot and cold has put me in a funk.

Looking around town yesterday, I noticed that the tulips are blooming! I adore this simple little flower (and each year I kick myself for not planting bulbs in my yard). They are such a nice surprise to see them popping through all of the pansies and other winter greenery.

 

Tulips look great in any color. Fresh white ones are beautiful in a vintage can.


 Of course, anything Lulie Wallace, I adore.


I love this wiry tulip vase. How fabulous would it look as a centerpiece for an Easter table setting? Just fill it with green moss, some wooden eggs and fresh tulips.


 The nerdy-side of me adores this little guy - a tulip USB hub.

Obviously, these yellow beauties look good in a Tory bag!


Unique jewelry has always been my thing. 
This gold number would really add the "pop" to a classic sundress.



Tulips are not only popping up in the yard, but also on walls. I could see this in a powder room or even lining the back of a gray bookshelf.

I think tulips are classic, simple and elegant - especially monochromatic, in a clear vase.


What do you love about the first signs of Spring?

(all photos via Pinterest}

1 comment: