Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Showering Baby Hampton

It was a no-brainier that when my best friend revealed she was pregnant, I would help host a shower for her. Ashley's due any day now with baby Hampton and with it being her first, it had to be special. 
I really enjoyed designing the invitations for the event...it was bow-tie themed. Sadly, I had a great photo of the entire invitation with lined envelope and insert (on my phone), but my phone was stolen and I lost all of the photos. That's another story for a different day. 

To give you an idea of what it looked like, see below {location blurred for privacy}.
Our friend, Katie, hosted the shower at her beautiful home.




Every detail was adorable, including the custom onesies that I made to match the invitations.

Katie did a beautiful job prepping and setting up for the event. This sweet iron carriage, perfect for the hydrangeas, is her grandmothers. Such a sweet touch to the food table.
Ashley was showered with so many fun gifts for Hampton.
Thanks to Pinterest, I found a really cute idea of asking each guest to bring their favorite children's book for Hampton to start his library collection. Each guest was asked to write inside of the book a note to Hampton.
 Ashley loved reading the books we all brought. I had to bring Corduroy. 
Who can't resist that cute little bear?!
 Along with wanting to make everything special for Ash, I also did something that I've NEVER done before...I made baby Hampton a quilt!
 More pictures to come, but here's a sneak peak at the quilt.
 As always, it's a blast getting together with college friends. Although a few are missing, we still had a great time catching up and sharing the weekend together in Birmingham for Ashley's shower.

We can't wait for baby Hampton's arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment