Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It's Wedding Week!


{warning: this is gushy and mushy}
It's so hard to believe that one short year ago, I married the most amazing person in the world!
In honor of our May 15th anniversary, these next few posts will share with you a small glimpse into the journey of our engagement, wedding, and first year as husband and wife.

Let me back it up a bit and tell you how we met...
During our junior years in college {Adam at UGA and I at Auburn *war eagle*}, we both ended up attending the 2005 Sugar Bowl in New Orleans. May I add that the Dawgs weren't playing in that particular game.
Auburn beat the Virginia Tech Hokies 16-13! I was cheering on the Auburn Tigers with some of my sorority sisters, one being a friend who went to high school with Adam.
Adam attended the game with his best friend from high school.
Long story short, we met (through the high school buds) at Pat O'Briens and it was love at first site.
We started "Facebooking" and calling each other...
and like they say...the rest is history.

.................{fastforward 4 years}.................

Our Engagement was absolutely perfect! It happened on Friday, March 13th {yes...lucky Friday the 13th}.
I had traveled a lot with my last job and the months of January, February, and beginning of March were spent working ridiculously long hours and out of town trips.
Little did I know that Adam and scheming behind my back.

As a true southern gentleman, he asked my father to lunch and spilled the news asking for his permission. Shortly after, he swept me away to the beach for a long weekend of r&r.

On that beautiful Friday we spent the whole day on the beach and stayed to watch the sunset.
At sunset he popped the question.

If you know anything about me and Adam, you would know that we LOVE the beach. It's probably our favorite place to be together {with family, friends, the pups, or even just the two of us}. True story.

With the proposal taking place at the beach, it was a no-brainer to have our engagement photo shoot there.
It didn't take long to decide what photographer I wanted for the engagement photos, the super cool chick from VUE photography. Genya was such a fun photographer with her giggles and energetic nature.
The three of us decided that Alys Beach and the beach house would be the perfect spots for the shoot.

Check them out:

















{true love.}

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe its been a year!
    Wishing my favorite couple a very happy anniversary week! Love you both! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are too cute for words! Congrats on your one year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some of my favorite photographs! You need to revisit and take more...every year...Congrats on your FIRST Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls! We can't believe it's been a year too. Time flies!

    ReplyDelete