Monday, May 16, 2011

{Wedding Week} The Engagement Party


Our Engagement Party, as many would say, was a "mini wedding". Hosted by my in-laws in a large field (their backyard), we hoisted a large white tent complete with a red carpet lined with white paper luminaries (stamped with a fleur de lis). We even had valet parking.

The theme? NEW ORLEANS!

New Orleans is where Adam and I met, so it was a no-brainer to have a New Orleans themed engagement party. We had a full menu of creole inspired food, a bar stocked with Pat O's hurricanes, and a New Orleans Dixieland jazz band for entertainment. The tent and tables were decorated with wrought iron lanterns and magnolia blossoms. Fleur de Lis made their appearance on the invitations, table decor, and white paper luminaries that lined the street, driveway, and red carpet.

It was an amazing event and I have my in-laws, Adam's aunt and cousins, my parents, and my aunts to thank. It was a family affair!
















{Laissez les bons temps rouler.}

2 comments:

  1. i remember some great stories from your engagement party. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish I could share some of those great stories on the blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete