Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day # 2 {1.11.11}

Today was snow day #2. I cleaned the whole house {excluding the basement- tomorrow's project} and I wanted to throw together a quick wreath for the front door. I am not totally happy with it, but it's fun for now. I had a twiggy wreath and a few materials laying around.
 I made a few Milly flowers {that will soon be up on my ETSY for sale} and came up with a plan. 
 Then I hung the wreath on the front door.
 

I'm thinking I should have spray painted the twigy wreath first to make it pop more on the door. Maybe I'll wait a few days to see if it grows on me.
Remember the beautiful poinsettia trees that Adam brought home?
They were starting to die so I decided to cut them up and enjoy the flowers a little longer.
I cute each bloom and placed them around the house.

 I turned my dining room table into a huge display of beautiful red blooms.
 I just recently got this table at Ballard Designs for the front. I am thinking about painting it white. Thoughts?
Excited for snow day #3 tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. I think white for sure! LOVE the wreath! Love you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking a high gloss white too.... But nothing else in my house is white... Hmmm. Guess I'll have to start painting some furiture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say no white! It's such a pretty piece...find a dumpy piece to re-do if you want white!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say no white too! I think it looks great! Also... Where is that great entry table from? LOVE IT! I need help on my entry way.. Something taller than our puppy can reach!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are all right! No white! I have new inspiration! It involves a LOT of sanding. Stay tuned for details... updates to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stacey- The table is from Ballard Designs Backroom. It's the "outlet" store of BDs. You can chek the table out here: http://www.ballarddesigns.com/benedetta-58-inch-console/furniture/consoles/13480
    It's great because it's only 36'' wide but tall enough for the pups not to reach.

    Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete