Decor8-istis is a condition I have come down with. It happens when you spend countless hours thinking about and searching for perfect fabrics, fabulous prints, paint colors, and thrifty ideas for making a living space beautiful. There is an "8" in the name because this is the exact amount of sleep hours you should get when you come down with this condition, but instead you spend most of that 8 hours awake while painting walls, hanging curtains and sewing pillows. Symptoms include dizziness from standing on the top-rung of ladders, continuous laughing from feeling the "high" of smelly paint, and small bleeding may occur to the fingers from pricks of a needle while stitching. You may also experience some thoughts of suicide late at night when all you want to do is finish and you ask yourself why you even started this crazy project to begin with.
Yes. I believe this is what I have.
Obviously, while I have been experiencing symptoms of this condition, I have been working really hard to decorate our house. For four years now, the house has been bare and boring. I have always wanted to get my hands on the space, but I did not want to spend much time on it until after the wedding. Below are some inspiration photos that I just absolutely lust after.
{BEWARE: may cause Decor8-itis}
I love the horizontal wooden slat wall. These chairs are to die for!
Check out the panoramic view. Don't you want to just sit here and read all day long?!
I love the simplicity of the colors in this room. I think the stencil wall design on the wall is amazing! How cool is the mirror collage?!
The colors in this room are so chic! I love the framed record too! It's unexpected art.
This bedroom is GORGEOUS!!!! I am in love with the lamps, framed prints, bedding, curtains, rug, beamed ceilings, chandelier, okay... I just love EVERYTHING in this room. Even the girl's outfit and sweet baby! Yes... I love it all! The living room is from the same house.... and although I know Adam Fleming would never be okay with lime green walls and pink pillows, I still think this is absolutely adorable! I think the wainscoting helps tone down the wall color. The neutral curtains are a great way to add texture and warmth! {Is that a little boy or a girl?}
There are many things I love about {Anthropologie} :: The clothes, feminine dresses, jewelry, home decor, and mostly- the window displays. I attempted {1,000} times to get a job there as a merchandising artist. Can you say ***Dream Job***
How precious are these little guys? I love the strokes and line work that make the shapes of these sweet canines!
Project upstairs (which will work be in progress a much later...gotta save some money) will include creating an office space for the in the nook of the bonus room. This Pottery Barn desk and photo will be used for inspiration!
I just purchased this decal for our mirror in our entryway. The mirror is really tall and skinny (almost floor to ceiling) and I am planning to put the decal {of course with the letter "F"} on the top. You will be able to see it from outside the front door. I wanted to do this instead of the *cheesy* "The Flemings: est. 2010" signs that you see on everyone's front door entries. {sorry if you have one...yes, let's just agree that they are super swiss cheese}
Ok, these next few things are fashion things I {lust} over... Let's say Adam and I turn back in time and get married again...I would do the blush colored bridesmaid dress and I would wear the polka-dot and ruffle dress...Both of these {drool} amazing dresses popped up on the Internet recently while I was looking at Etsy and JCrew. I couldn't take my eyes off of them. If you are engaged... consider these two...
Speaking of weddings, and JCrew... I am a fan of JCrew on Facebook and the picture below popped up on the newsfeed. It is a photo of their bridal showroom in New York. I know this sounds so weird, but this spring/summer JCrew line inspired my wedding colors. The soft tans, creams, whites, blush, golds, and pops of CORAL.
I must get my hands on a cross-body handbag! They are so {HOT} right now! I just purchased one from Macy's on sale, but it's Navy and I won't be able to wear it with everything. I love the tan with gold studs in this photo. This cream leather jacket is a must too. It was featured on Piperlime's website this week. I think it would be perfect over a dress with boots or with jeans and a tee! Must. save. for. these.
So I'm looking for a cure for Decor8-istis... any suggestions?!
For now... I just realized that I cringe every time I log into to see my blog... {does anyone else do that?!} what was I thinking with this background?! It looks more like a baby's nursery than an adult blog. I will be doing a major re-do soon. More to come.
Decor8-istis is a condition I have come down with. It happens when you spend countless hours thinking about and searching for perfect fabrics, fabulous prints, paint colors, and thrifty ideas for making a living space beautiful. There is an "8" in the name because this is the exact amount of sleep hours you should get when you come down with this condition, but instead you spend most of that 8 hours awake while painting walls, hanging curtains and sewing pillows. Symptoms include dizziness from standing on the top-rung of ladders, continuous laughing from feeling the "high" of smelly paint, and small bleeding may occur to the fingers from pricks of a needle while stitching. You may also experience some thoughts of suicide late at night when all you want to do is finish and you ask yourself why you even started this crazy project to begin with.
















You just crack me up! You can bring your Decor8-itis to Dothan and get to work on my house!
ReplyDeleteHi! I found your blog through our mutual friend Rachel and love your Decor8-itis. Can you tell me where the second picture is from? I LOVE the Roman shades in that cool print and am looking for shades for my dining room... Desperately! Can you give me the source? Thank you! Stacey
ReplyDeleteGreat ideas for you house! Knowing you and your taste it will be beyond gorgeous! Good luck girl!
ReplyDelete