Last weekend I was fortunately enough to spend time with friends. My good friend Katie had her "Bachelorette" weekend at her family's lake house right outside of Birmingham. The cute lake house was nestled on was Smyer Lake. It was the perfect place to relax and spend good time with friends. I also got to hang out with some girls that I knew, but never really hung out with before. We had a blast! Here is the bride-to-be. Her and Jeff wed next weekend!

Her sisters and cousins had some tacky bachelorette gear for her to wear that weekend. The pink cowgirl hat was one of them. One of the lake neighbors drove by to say "hi" with his daughter's puppy. He was a cute little lab!

Saturday night we went to Thai Emerald in Birmingham and ate SUSHI!!! This was a treat for me since Adam doesn't like it and I don't get to eat it often.

More bachelorette headgear... Katie was a good sport. HAHA!

Me with Jenn, Katie, and Courtney... love these girls!

Katie with her BFF's from high school, Holli and Lindsey.

The whole group. Had so much fun with these girls.

After dinner we headed to Starz Karaoke Lounge...ha! What good people watching {and listening}...This was the highlight of the night. Katie and her sister Jenny singing.

Get it girls!

This weekend, we enjoyed one of our first weekend's home together in A. LONG. TIME. It was so amazing...best part, Adam's parents picked up Cooper and Butter on Friday and we had the weekend with out the big dogs. Har still stayed with us, but he was chill and slept most of the weekend. Friday night my parents along with my Aunt Patsy and Uncle Wayne {from Lakeland} stopped by. They had just completed a week long vacation from Martha's Vineyard and back. After dinner Adam and I walked to the new Yoforia that just opened down the street. {something that we wouldn't be able to do with the dogs}.
Saturday was all about us doing something that we don't get to do. We drove to Westside Pavilion shoppes off of Howell Mill. We had an amazing lunch at a cute little market cafe and walked around all of the home decor stores afterwards. I LOVED everything in every store... If only I could win the lottery to buy everything I saw... and a HUGE house to put it all in. Adam was a great husband to take me there... the day was all about me! Saturday night we ate dinner with some great friends, Taylor and Nicole! Love them!
Sunday, we actually slept in and went to the late church service. If you look back to a previous post where I was drooling over the metal Antrhopologie chairs...ADAM AGREED TO LET ME GET THEM!!! I was soooooo excited.... {see photos below}...Adam was a great husband and cleaned the spider-infested garage...it looked fab! {Except for the "Bulldog Parking Only" sign he hung on the wall. Not cute!}
I was given a really awesome ornate big mirror recently. It was gold and I knew it would work great in our half-bath downstairs. The one that was there was a plain beveled oval mirror with no frame. I replaced it with this one after I painted it gray.

In addition to the beautiful {still drooling} copper metal Anthro- chairs, I purchased two fabric chairs from Ikea...yup...I trekked all. the. way. thru. ikea to get these bad boys. That place is MISERABLE on the weekends. Of course they did not come put together... Adam helped me.

Here they are.... Okay, this photo doesn't event do these chairs justice... THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL! Copper, metal, antique looking chairs... and they are actually really comfortable too!

Here is the table put together. My two cheap ikea fabric chairs with my two {drool} gorgeous copper metal Anthropologie chairs. They made such a difference. I'm still not done with the breakfast nook, so I'll post B&A's soon.

Sweet little Adam was cleaning the porch and scrubbing the outside windows. He did so good!

Har was such a good "only-child" this weekend. He just followed me around.

Set the table for dinner with our new Vietri.

Vietri looks great with the new chairs! Those water glasses are from my Grandma Brown. I was blessed to have been passed down some great pieces of dinnerware and glasses.

I ran outside and cut some of the {overgrown} hedges and plants to add some beautiful greenery to the house.

Craig and Val stayed for burgers when they dropped the dogs back off from the weekend. I prayed nothing would get on the white fabric chairs before I had to the chance to get some protecting spray.

Har LOVES the new chairs too... doesn't he look handsome next to the copper?!
No comments:
Post a Comment