Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's Been a While...

What's the saying..."Time flies when you're having fun .." Well, that's certainly what we've been doing lately- having fun and my how time has flown by! Can you believe that AUGUST is almost over?! This month we celebrated our 3 month anniversary. Ok, well, we didn't actually celebrate it, but it was hard to believe it's been three whole months. At the end of July I was able to celebrate the wedding of one of my very good friends, Katie Fowler {now Wasden}. Adam was in Monterrey, CA for the annual ProACT meeting. I truly believe that all of us girls will stick together for the rest of our lives. These girls rock...and now we have one more to go with getting married. Jenn- hurry up and find Mr. Right! You will have 4 great wedding planners at your fingertips! I love you Em, Katie, Ash, and Jenn!

Katie was a beautiful bride. She looked classically stunning and her Birmingham wedding was a blast! Not to mention, she had great taste in bridesmaid dresses... I will proudly wear this again! I think the minty-green would look fabulous with the coral necklace I found on Etsy below and some gold pumps. {It can be found at http://www.etsy.com/listing/49117974/row-of-carnelian-rondelles-necklace}. I can't wait for another wedding or event to wear it again!
Well, like I said, it's been certainly been a while since my last post. In addition to the Fowler-Wasden wedding, we took a short weekend trip to the beach {photos to come}, AND I worked more on the house.

I have been waiting to work on this project forever! A sweet co-worker of Adam's gave him these {Auh-Maaay-Zing} vintage produce labels. With Adam's family being in the foodservice/produce industry + the fact that I love vintage things, they HAD to go up in our house. I'm not 100% satisfied with the outcome because I was trying to find an inexpensive way of framing these with frames we had around the house. Maybe in the future I can frame them how I want to, in white lacquer frames to give a more uniformed look and to make them {POP} on the colorful walls. see example below.
 But for now, I thought they looked fine in my "found frames" that we seriously had around the house... I was blown-away at how many photos frames we had. Below are B&A of the dining room!

I also have been eyeing some home decor fabric at JoAnn's for so long but I didn't want to pay full price for the amount of yardage I needed- in the dining room, I needed 4 panels, 3 yards each! My Aunt Michelle and cousin Olivia visited about a month ago and we went to JoAnn's- low and behold the fabric I wanted was ON SALE for half off! {WHOOHOO}. You better believe I snatched the rest of the bolt up and made these curtains in a flash. I think I want to get curtain rings and clips and do away with the rod pockets. But I'm pleased with them- the photo doesn't do them justice the linen fabric has a paisley pattern of coral, red, and mustard gold with a light tan background. I'd love to paint the room mustard gold- I'm getting a little tired of the red, but that's a later project. RED is so hard to cover up! I also want to make some slipcovers for the two end chairs and monogram an "F" on them.

The dogs love it too! We hope to get a buffet or sideboard to put in the room.
Anyone know a good place that repairs wicker??? I found a guy in Stone Mountain on "Google" and I need to contact him for a quote. He seemed like a reputable guy, but I hope he isn't expensive. On our upstairs landing, this chair is going to be PERFECT for rainy day reading. I have it placed {still broken} with a small table and beautiful lamp {photos to come}. The Flemings gave it to us- I love the curve of the arms. I wanted to paint the chair and "pickle" it a grayish color, but after looking at it I really want to leave it as is.
In our living room we had a {really h.e.a.v.y.} coffee table that has a granite inlay. Adam and I would move it when we did our Jillian Michaels {me} or P90X {hubbs} DVDs and it would nearly break our backs. Mom and Dad found this coffee table for me to sell at TWObirds, at a garage sale for $5! I decided to re-finish it for our living room and replace our 1,000 lb. table. I thought it looked very similar to the Pottery Barn one below. I wish it was as tall, but it still works. I painted the coffee table a few different shades of gray and distressed it. Looks great and it's not as heavy!
These pictures are poor quality {I need to figure out how to use our new camera settings}, but our living room looks almost complete too. You can see the coffee table below.
I also have been looking for curtains forever for the living room. I ended up finding some beautiful linen tab curtains with a coral embroidered design at Pier One, however they were too short. My mom helped me sew some brown fabric on the bottoms to make them longer. I didn't want to cover up the woodwork with a huge curtain rod, so I simply bought some hooks from Target and hung the tabs on 3 hooks.
My mantle is SO HARD to decorate! Not only do we have a GIGANTIC tv mounted above the fireplace, we have two wall sconces flanking the tv. {I would NOT have chosen to put these here, but they came pre-installed in the house}. Right now I have some little trinkets because I can't put much. The framed print below is a greeting card from Carmel, CA.
Butter is always so dainty when she lays around.

I also finally bought a cute hook {from Hobby Lobby- 50% off} to hang our cute aprons on. We LOVE to cook!
Remember this mirror that I was painting? It was given to me to sell at TWObirds and was GOLD. I literally dry-brushed a quick coat of gray paint on it and hung it in our half-bath downstairs. It turned out great!

More blogging later... {I've got some cute pictures from our weekend at the beach with Jeff and Leslie}.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah you're back! I've missed your blogging! The house looks fabulous! Put my house down on your to do list! ; )

    ReplyDelete