Thursday, August 23, 2012

Lusting for Rattan

My love for Bohemian things is really ridiculous. Last weekend a neighbor a few streets over was having a yard sale. As any normal person would do, I jumped in my car and slowly crept by as I was surveying her goods.  Mostly junk (which they usually are), but then I spotted the one treasure in the pile... A pair of rattan peacock chairs, similar to the ones below:


I felt like God was shining down on them as the Heavens opened up with Angels singing. I wanted those chairs so bad. The only problem, is my husband would have disowned me if I brought in one more piece of furniture that we didn't have room for. So I passed, but have been thinking about them ever since.

I don't think rattan is just for outdoors. They work inside too, adding texture and warmth to any room. 
Here are some rattan beauties to lust after:

this one is gorgeous with the sheepskin throw and pop of salmon.

 via

these two loves are from Ikea, believe it or not.
STORSELE Chair high IKEA Handmade piece with soft, rounded shapes and nicely detailed patterns. Each piece of furniture is unique.

both of these are from a store in Atlanta that I love, pieces.
 via

can't go wrong with a bold color. Spray paint an old rattan chair to make new again.
 love the yellow or turquoise options. 
 

 this one reminds me of an old-school papasan chair. I remember my bff in high school had one and I thought it was so cool.

there are so many fabric options you can do with this one. 
it would work in a n indoor or outdoor space.

all three of these are from Anthropologie. Not cheap, but certainly lookers.


 if I could fit one of these on my porch, I'd definitely get it. I would swing for hours.

Would you use rattan in your home? Tell me where.

No comments:

Post a Comment