Adam sent me a couple of mushroom inspired recipes and I just had to try the stir fry. This recipe passed my 2 per-requisites: #1 it was so stinkin' easy and #2 it was really quick to make.
You may have trouble finding brown beech mushrooms, but your specialty organic stores like Whole Foods or Fresh Market should carry them.
Brown Beech Mushroom and Chicken Stir Fry
prep time: 15 minutes; serves 2
Ingredients
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- pinch of brown sugar
- 1 pkg Brown Beech mushrooms, separate and trim ends
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce (I substituted hoisen sauce)
- thinly sliced green onions
Directions
Slice chicken in very thin strips. In a bowl, marinate chicken with soy sauce, sesame oil, black pepper, cornstarch, and sugar for 15 minutes on the counter or store overnight in refrigerator.
Heat a wok or saute pan over high heat. When hot, swirl in cooking oil. Add chicken slices, stir fry for 2-3 minutes, until chicken is just about cook through (timing depends on thickness). Turn heat to medium, then add garlic and ginger to wok or saute pan. Stir fry until fragrant (it will smell so yummy), about 1 more minute. Add in mushrooms and hoisen (or oyster) sauce. Bring to a simmer, cook for 230 seconds. Dish out and garnish with fresh green onions.
I served this over brown minute rice that takes 5 minutes to cook. I also added thinly sliced onions and sauteed them with the chicken...up to you.
Enjoy!
{not a food photographer so I borrowed this from the internet}
No comments:
Post a Comment