Friday, July 13, 2012

Keepin' It Super Simple

I think sometimes it's best to use the K.I.S.S. method when cooking {keep it super simple}. And that's what this post is about; taking it back to the basics and keeping it super {duper} simple.

Keeping it simple not only makes things easy and quick, but it keeps it healthy. I have been trying to follow the health-crazed trend these days. Today's post is a kiss, "did she really waste her time posting this," kind of meal. Thankful that my husband and brother (in-law) like to fish. This was fresh caught Grouper from the Gulf! Check it out below.

 

Basic Baked Fish
prep time: 3 minutes; Serves 2

Ingredients
  • 2 fish fillets (I recommend Grouper or Snapper)
  • seasoning of your choice (I like a Cajun style seasoning)
  • 1 lemon sliced into thin circles
  • 1/2 sweet onion sliced thin
  • 1 tsp olive oil
Directions

Rinse fish and pat dry. Coat front and back with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning. Place the fish in the center of a large piece of foil. On top of the fish, layer the onion first, then the lemon slices. Fold the foil along the edges and fold across the top. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 20 minutes. 


You may have made this before, but just a reminder that keeping is super simple and basic can be just what you need for a easy, quick, and healthy meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment