Hello and happy hump day! This month is flying by and it'll be Spring before we know it.
Although the Christmas season is over, I wanted to post about gift wrap. I had an old friend invite me to her wedding shower this past weekend and it was refreshing to wrap something other than a Christmas present. I remember a few years ago on the Martha Stewart show, she had a guest who did a segment about gift wrap. {I hate that I can’t remember who he was} He talked about having a “signature gift wrap” for all occasions. I believe his “signature wrap” was solid peacock-colored paper with a velvet chocolate brown ribbon {so classic}.
To me gift giving is very special. Most of the time, you are giving someone a gift from the heart and the first impression is the wrapping. Gift wrap can be really expensive, especially if you want something unique. Some of my favorite wrapping includes using kraft paper. It’s the light brown paper bag looking paper. You can find it at Target or Walmart in the postal/mailing packaging area, usually in a large roll for just a few dollars. The best part about this paper is its neutral color and you can do anything with it! Think outside the box when it comes to adding the "pop"...it doesn't have to be a bow!
Check out some of these ideas:
Many people run to the store to get gift wrap. I love using something from around the house, especially recycling newspaper or magazines.
For smaller gifts, recycled {as in recycled paper, not used} coffee filters are a cute option.
Adding a satin ribbon with an old crochet doily adds the perfect feminine touch.
I love this look: newspaper, braided jute twine, buffalo check ribbon and a rosemary sprig.
To add a special touch, add something of memory like an old photo.
This would be super cute for a lingerie shower or bachelorette party. The ostrich feather can be found at your local craft store {Hobby Lobby or Michael's}.
One of my favorites is using things from nature! It's FREE and really attractive. Go out in your yard and find some twigs, leaves, or fresh greenery. This jute twine is sold in bulk for cheap at local craft stores. It can be used for anything and looks great mixed with grosgrain ribbon too.
There are many ways to jazz up the kraft paper. Here are some ideas with bright yarn, doilies, ribbon, and even a tape measure.
How cute is this apron wrapped in a mason jar, complete with a recipe?!
This gift is a cookbook wrapped in a tea towel, complete with a wooden spoon.
Again, think outside of the box.
Fabric flowers can be made out of scrap pieces of ribbon, fabric or cheesecloth.
Use stamps to add a pattern to the paper.
And finally, this is my wrapping from the party this past weekend. It was a kitchen shower and I wanted to wrap the gift in a tea towel. I had some striped ribbon left over from another gift. I just cut some greenery from the yard and placed it under the ribbon. It took me a while to figure out how to tie up the towel. I didn't want the wooden handle of the spatula to show, but it ended up sticking out anyway. I think it adds to the look, right?
What's your "signature wrap"?
images via Pinterest











No comments:
Post a Comment