Hello and happy Tuesday. I'm super excited today because it's my last day of work before the Turkey Holiday. I'll be heading out today for the beach with my husband and the 3 pups. Our families started a tradition a few years ago by celebrating Thanksgiving at the beach. It's great having both my parents and his together, in one place. This year will be no different and we are excited to relax and spend some quality family time together.
One thing that stopped when the beach tradition started is the Black Friday shopping. I can't say that I miss it either. My mom and I used to be the kind to get up at midnight and race to the stores to get the best deals. Usually, we had my aunts in tow - or was it the other way around? Seriously. My aunts are crazy shoppers and are literally buying things this Black Friday for next year's Christmas....this year's gifts were already purchased long ago. See what I mean by crazy? {And if you are reading this Aunt Michelle and Aunt Lynda, you know what I mean...love ya, mean it!}
So with Black Friday shopping aside, I wanted to send a little reminder about the importance of supporting your local and small business. If you live in the Atlanta area, you may have seen the commercials about Small Business Saturday. It's this Saturday, November 26th! I know what you are thinking... the whole point of Christmas shopping is getting the best deals. And most of the time the best deals come from the BIG retail stores. But wouldn't it be nice to be known as the most unique gift-giver?! Most unique items are both practical and fabulous...so shop your local and small businesses.
A few that are in the Atlanta area that I love are
{clothing}
{gifts and home decor}
Swoozies (I know they are everywhere, but they need support too!)
{for the pups}
{for the kids}
{paper goods}
{sweet treats}
...of course Etsy is a great source of handmade and local items too. Click here for local Etsy sellers.
This also reminds me of the latest Garden and Gun issue. The 2011 Made in the South award winners were announced. One of the winners was from, you guessed it...Atlanta! Uncorked handcrafts, unique, eco-friendly glassware from recycled wine bottles, donated from local restaurants and bars in Atlanta, GA. You can check out all of the winners here.
Wouldn't you want a set of these for Christmas?!
So, don't forget...



Hilarious...you know me too well...we bought birthday gifts for 2012 in the Vera Bradley outlet store....haha...miss you Ga. folks! Lynda
ReplyDelete