Thursday, July 21, 2011

Celebrating Father's Day

Yes, I'm obviously still catching up...

Father's Day was celebrated at our nest as we hosted our dads for Sunday dinner. I think it's so fun to set a great table when entertaining. My theme was "all things manly". When setting a table, you don't have to look far for centerpiece ideas. Just look around your house.

I used a globe, a rustic Fleur-de-lis, a silver ice bucket that resembles a wood stump {used as a pot for the greenery}, a wooden wine box, some twiggy candle sticks, a deer antler, turkey feathers, and  some magnolia leaves from the yard. All things were found around the house.
When arranging, think of heights and keeping most of the pieces low. This ensures that your guests are able to see each other from across the table. Also, if you are using a linen tablecloth, iron the wrinkles...unlike me, I got lazy. Despite the wrinkles, I think our dads liked the "manly" set-up.

We invited Gracie, the Fleming's pup over for Father's Day.
They all enjoyed playing together in their new pool.
Cooper claimed it instantly and was not getting out any time soon.




The best part, they could drink the water too. They were all in love.

{not the best lighting}
Me and my Dad! 

I hope you enjoyed celebrating yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment