Wednesday, May 25, 2011

{Wedding Week} Anniversary Weekend

Rounding out the end of Wedding Week(s) is a post about my {one year} wedding anniversary weekend.
Last weekend was perfect.
I spent the whole weekend with my husband of ONE YEAR.
We kept saying the whole weekend that we just couldn't believe it's been a whole year!

Friday night we went to the InterContinental and listened to some jazz.
This hotel is where our wedding guests stayed. It's so nice.

Here we are inside.
{photos taken by iPhone...sorry}
On Friday...
Here we are leaving for our Honeymoon a year ago, same spot.

On Saturday morning, we ran our FIRST 5K, the Brookhaven Bolt. We both finished!
Putting on our race numbers and psyching ourselves up for the run.
Harlee begged to go but I just knew his little legs were no match for the 5K!
After completing the race {and a 2 hour walk with the dogs... lots of exercise that day}.
After the race, we were starving... so for lunch we drove to Grind House Killer Burgers.
This place was too cool. Check out the yummy burger and bright funky decor.
And because we are all. about. food...
We celebrated our big anniversary dinner at Woodfire Grill.
This place is totally ridiculousness...
You have to make reservations months in advance.

And it is totally worth waiting for.
Before dinner.
The restaurant is co-owned by chef Kevin Gillespie who was featured on the show Top Chef.
Talk about customer service...
Instead of items off the regular dinner menu, we chose the 5 course chef's selection.
At the end of the meal, they printed up the 5 courses we had with descriptions, complete with our name at the top AND Chef Kevin Gillespie's signature! I was impressed.
Here is the regular menu that we had upon arrival.
Look closely... our names!
On Sunday, our real anny, we went to church, spent a relaxing afternoon being lazy and prepared our favorite meal- Spaghetti with Bolognase.
This dish is Adam's specialty!





And of course, following tradition, we ate the top part of our cake.
Thankfully this wasn't the frozen, year old kind.
Our bakery, Baker's Man, made us a new cake and it was sooooo yummy.
It was layers of vanilla cake and strawberry marble cake with a layer of key lime buttercream and lemon curd buttercream...covered in, {you guessed it} more buttercream! Heavenly!

I hope you enjoyed my tour of our wedding and anniversary!
It was a very special time and many memories were made.

I am so thankful to all who were a part of our big day.
I am thankful to our parents who supported us and made our dreams and ideas come to life.

Most importantly, I am thankful to Adam for loving me, supporting me,
and keeping me sane through the whole thing. Can't wait for many more annys!

1 comment:

  1. Great Memories of that special weekend! But running in a 5K...wow....we celebrate 36 years in July and I doubt I could run 5 min...You are blessed Adam can cook!

    ReplyDelete