Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cake and Bubbles

Last weekend we were able to spend a lot of time with Adam's family. Austin, his brother was home for a few days and we celebrated his homecoming with dinner and cake at the Fleming's home. Austin works full time on a boat in the Florida Keys and this was his first time coming home to see us.

In honor of his homecoming I made a caramel cake.
Funny thing, I was planning on posting the recipe to this cake because it LOOKED so yummy and I was really excited about it. Have I not already learned in life that "looks are everything"?
This thing was dry, bitter and will NOT be a repeat recipe.

At least it was pretty, right?!

On Sunday we went over to Adam's cousin's house for dinner and playtime with "little Adam".
Little Adam had been begging Big Adam to come over and play...

He is so stinkin' cute and was so much fun watching with Big Adam.
 What kid doesn't like bubbles?!


Even Big Adam was playing with the bubbles...he was throwing the football at them.
 Little Adam wanted to take pictures... I think we have a future photographer on our hands. At 2 years old, he took this shot of his pup, Jeepers.
 His outdoor toys were so fun!

We always love being able to spend time with our families. They all mean so much to us and although we live in Atlanta, we make an effort to get together even for play dates and dinner on a random Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment