After looking in a few catalogs lately, I've noticed the growing trend with exotic animals making a comeback in home decor, specifically giraffes. These gentle giant mammals have always intrigued me with their statuesque physiques and L O N G necks.
Love this Jonathan Adler lamp. Via Elle Decor
Pair of giraffe print ottomans via Elle Decor.
I love this growth chart. You can find it here. Click and zoom on the LoN's website.
The details of this work of art are amazing...
I think it would be awesome to have even outside of the kids room.
This stuffed version found here on Etsy, is great too. I could see this sitting on a bookshelf or resting on a bed to add the right amount of color and the pattern is great too!
These quirky prints would be fun in a wall collage. I love how the artist printed them on a book.
Found at Etsy here. This Etsy artists has many other options too.
These giraffe candle sticks really caught my eye. {from Anthropologie, of course}
I'm thinking of getting a couple of these.
How cute are these little planters? I could see some whimsy succulents planted in these.
{also from Anthropologie}
Giraffes are even making an appearance in fashion. I love the print of this scarf. It's not "giraffe print", but it's giraffe silhouettes. Certainly a different take on animal print.
And of course, the ever-so-popular taxidermy wall art looks great in this neutral ceramic version.
I feel that my appreciation for watercolor has grown immensely throughout the years.
As an artist, I have never been able to tackle this form of painting and I believe anyone who can is genius! This piece is beautiful with it's subtle colors and soft design. Maybe one day I'll master watercolor.
This collage version is so unique.
I've really been in to maps lately and this one has inspired some possible future projects.
Loving this outdoor rug from Ballard. The pattern almost looks like stones. It would look great in a sunroom or outdoor room adding color and pattern without really being an "animal print" design.
And rounding out the giraffe finds, this rug takes on true animal print with it's bold pattern and contrast.
Add some giraffe to your life!
Happy Friday!














I'm loving the giraffes! Great post! On to find some maps this weekend!
ReplyDelete