Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Little Late...

Wow! It's been a while. And as I sit here in my pajama pants, watching recorded Oprah's, with 2 pup heads in my lap {and hubs is at a basketball game}, I am finally catching up.

I wanted to share my Christmas decorations, but isn't it a little late?! With it being Christmas Eve, eve, I guess I have some serious catching up...

Last year I had to borrow wreathes from my parents, so this year I broke down and purchased the $7.99 wreathes {which were 50% off} at Hobby Lobby. They actually were pretty decent and didn't need much fluffing. But as I do each year, I had to add my secret touch.
 I LOVE the smell and the look of real wreathes, but don't want to pay the price. So I take the trimmings from the bottom of the tree and twist them around the fake wreathes.
Looks like a real wreath, huh? {and it was so much cheaper}.
 I also added some magnolia leaves clipped from the tree in the yard as well as some silver leaf picks purchased at HL.
I hung the wreathes on our posts on the front porch. I also put up the {real} garland on top of the pre-lit {fake} garland to add more fluff, plus the lights are always fun.


 Our tree. I spray painted a few curly willow branches silver to go at the top of the tree.

 My foyer...I knew my wedding candle holders would come in handy. I need to sell these beautiful things {I have at least 10-15 of these mercury glass candle sticks in various sizes and shapes. Let me know if know anyone who's interested.
 My 75 ft. of real garland went a LONG way. I was able to go around the whole front door, the banister in the entryway, around my kitchen eating area, mantle, and upstairs balcony...totally worth the purchase.
 My door with the ribbon and other fluff at the top.
I added a few pieces of real branches and a silver bow for the mailbox.
 A few days later, I came home to this... super-de-duper windy and snowy that day. You can't see it in the photo, but the ribbon was wrapped around a tree limb in the neighbor's yard.
Funny thing is, it was kind of late and while I was taking the photo {with my lens pointed towards the neighbor's tree} by neighbor was in her front yard letting her dog out...so awkward...because it looked like I was creeping and taking pictures of their house. I couldn't help but laugh at myself. 
 Adam brought home these HUGE poinsettia trees... yes, trees...they are so big.
 My garland and silver painted pine cone wreathes in the kitchen dining area.
 {muuah} My kissing ball. 
 I replaced my orange leaves with pine cone and snow flocked tree picks.
 This was my little tree from my condo that I put up last year. A little sad compared to our normal tree now.
 I need some cute stockings, but didn't have it in me to make them. Maybe next year...

Merry Christmas, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Hey..I will ask Hilary about the candle sticks!! If not, I might grab a couple from you. I love them!

    ReplyDelete