Sunday, December 12, 2010

Chalkboard Wall

For a while I've been wanting to paint a chalkboard wall in my kitchen dining area. I used Valspar's chalkboard paint that runs about $12 for a quart. I had plenty left over from another project and it didn't take much to paint this small wall.
Here is the before. {taped and ready for paint}.

After paint. I love this wall!
This is what it looked like after I hosted my staff Christmas party at my house. The students I work with LOVED it and went to town writing messages.
 I purchased initial hooks "A" and "J" from Anthropologie.
 Here's my inspiration:
{via Country Living} 
{via Country Living}

{via remodelista} 
{via the style file}


1 comment:

  1. hey girl! i just busted out the chalkboard paint yesterday and painted the inside of a red, square plate and then the inside of one of my pantry doors. i felt brilliant! not sure i'm up to a whole wall just yet, but i'm already eyeing where else i can sling some on ... :)

    ReplyDelete