Tuesday, September 7, 2010

::tuesday inspiration::

happy tuesday.

i worked really hard on my monday off running errands and making my {drop cloth curtains} for the bonus room. they turned out great. I was so tired hanging them last night that the installation didn't go so well. i hit a couple of studs and it took all of my strength to get those darn screws in the wall. I also got the {plastic} drop cloth down and prepped my {baby changing table} for paint, which I hope to work on this evening.

last night I was noticing, that I have an incredible room with A LOT of wall space. being an artist {can I call myself that?} i want to paint something. since i am keeping the walls neutral and the bedding is full of bright colors, i will definitely create something colorful! i recently came across this artist ::elise allen:: you can check out her website here.

i love the simple design of the pieces and the yellow adds a punch of color, but is really serene and calming.
::bee happy:: {such a fun message} this one is from her 2009 collection, cute and colorful.
i've always loved these prints. there are a ton of etsy artists who sell these for cheap. this one is {red} and it's only $18. check out the artists etsy site here.
these are super cute too. both from esty artists.
yellow print can be found here. bird print here.

the painting below has been in my idea book for years. it caught my eye in a magazine and it's actually a print from one of those art.com-type websites. sadly, it's $300+ and although i think it's totally worth it, i don't have that much to spend on art {when I can create it myself}. i am thinking combining a yellow background from the first paintings with the "sunshine" wording on top would be perfect. the barnwood frame completes the look and they have them at hobby lobby. when they run the 50% specials, they are super cheap.

i cannot leave with out mentioning that this room also has a {kelly mcginnis original}! this is my second piece of art that i own from her. she is an amazing watercolor artist and is doing great things in her work. visit her site to see more of her creations. below is the piece she did for me as a wedding gift from her sister erin. i just adore the mcginnis family!


soooo glad it's a 4-day week. happy tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwww..."you are my sunshine" is the song I singn to Griffin every night! You might have to make one of those for me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are definitely an artist! You have great style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog! You give so much insight! I'm adding you to my friend's blog list, hope that's okay! My friends need to enjoy your blog too :) Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete