Saturday, September 24, 2011

Grellow Paint and "Wallpaper"

I've definitely been busy completing a few nest updates and this project has been on my mind for a while. I have these little "nook" hallways in between my entryway/family room and dining room/kitchen {butler's pantry}. They are really small so I knew they'd be the perfect places to put a bold pop of color...I was totally loving the grellow idea that I originally planned for the dining room.
 I also have been LOVING the wallpaper trend right now. Knowing that I couldn't commit to a whole wallpapered space, I decided to "wallpaper" the back of my cabinets in the butler's pantry. 
{this photo was "pre" dining room paint}
 There are so many options to wallpapering a space. One that I love, is super simple and best of all, temporary. A fun wallpaper can be really great but unless you are in love with it, you may not want to commit to anything permanent. One of my favorite Nate Berkus tips is using wrapping paper or decorative paper as a wallpaper. I knew that Paper Source was the perfect place to look and there is a new location at Lenox. I could not have found a cuter paper. Check it out.
Totally love the vintage feel this paper has. The part I wasn't planning for... the shelves wouldn't come out. I ended up having to measure and cut the paper for in between each shelf. It took longer than I anticipated but was worth it.
 To "wallpaper" the back of cabinets, just measure and cut your paper, lightly spray it with Elmer's spray adhesive {outside in a well ventilated area}. Let it sit for a minute to dry and get "tacky" then place on the wall smoothing it down from the middle - out.
 Here is the finished look of the grellow walls in the butler's pantry.
 I love the way it looks in the other nook...it really pulls together the colors in the downstairs.

What weekend projects are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment