If you are a blogger or a blog follower, you understand that it's hard to keep up. Bottom line, it's exhausting. I love it and I love reading blogs, but keeping up to date with posts can honestly tucker ya out {wow, that was such a Southern comment}. So here I am, catching up because after the 4th, or was it 6th, request to update, it's just that time.
A {while ago}, Adam and I headed to the lake for the weekend. The Saturday that we woke up was so dreary, that we decided to hop in the car and go on a spontaneous day-trip to Highlands, NC. If you know my husband, he's not spontaneous. He's a super-duper pre-planner. Everything has to be planned and strategically thought out, so taking a day-trip through the mountains was a BIG DEAL. We drove through 3 states in 30 minutes {Georgia and both Carolinas}.
Because we had the pups back at the lakehouse, we decided to just drive up to Old Edwards Inn for lunch and drive back. The scenery was worth it. One day, I hope we can stay at the Inn. It's so quaint and cozy. There was a wedding party staying at the Inn which made me think about what an awesome place to host a wedding!
One of our favorite stops in Highlands is Mountain Fresh Grocery. It's the cutest little local grocer with a delish sandwich shop inside. They also have a wide selection of prepared food like homemade mac-and-cheese and meatloaf. If you are in Highlands, this is a pit stop
Don't worry... it was in the 80's at the lake, but once we were on the top of the mountain in Highlands, it was a cool 63 degrees. We were thankful to cool down in the middle of the Georgia summer, but weren't prepared
My entire life I've gotten carsick in the mountains. Looking at these roads on the screen, now I know why.
Our lunch was delish and we had a great short trip, but when we returned to the lake, the pups were ready to get out! Oh, how they love the lake.
We saw a little deer on the boat ride.
They were worn out from swimming all day!
On the way back home to Brookhaven we stopped by my parents' home to eat a yummy home cooked meal.
My mom recently redecorated their Master bedroom. She's such a rockstar...she sewed the bedding, pillows and curtains! {fabric from Forsyth Fabrics in Atlanta}
It really looks great in the room!
It was a fun weekend.
More catching up soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment