So thankful it's Friday!
Do you ever have those weeks that seem like it will never end?! This was one of those weeks.
Usually it feels long because your excited about the weekend. Yep, that's the reason this time too.
Here's an update:
- Ever wonder why I've never posted photos of our backyard?! It's huge and at one point had beautiful thick green grass. Adam and I realized that unless we pay more attention to the backyard, we aren't ever going to fully enjoy it! It really is a nice yard. There is a canopy of large trees and it stays shaded most of the time. The previous old house {before the new construction} had a great little shed that the builder kept in tact. It's the perfect little place to put lawn equipment. It has a shingled roof, real window and door. It's sooo cute and red, but could be way cuter. Although Adam may disagree, one day I will tackle that thing with some paint. I am thinking a nice shade of chocolate with pale gray trim and a turquoise door. Crazy? I think not!
- Last weekend we spent 3 LONG, painful, back-breaking days of labor stripping the old stain off our deck. If you saw it, you would think we. are. crazy. Yes, I still cannot believe we did it BUT, it's complete {thank you, Jesus} and best part- we didn't kill each other in the process. Although we did endure a few injuries...By the end of the weekend Adam was covered in poison ivy, bless his heart...and I had my skin burned by the paint stripper. Ewww! Yes, I had little whelps all over my legs where the chemical splashed on me. {note to self: wear pants next time... second note to self: NEVER strip stain off a deck again. Save money and pay someone.} Still both in recovery.
Photos will be posted soon of the deck re-do. It looks so amazing and we are thrilled of the outcome.
- On to the exciting part. Since Wednesday we have had major construction going on in our backyard. We are getting a new fence! Whoohoo! I don't think any two people have been more excited about a fence than us. Since Adam gets home before me every afternoon when I leave work, I'll call him and ask for him to describe the updates: "what progress was made?", "are they still out there?", "does it look good?", "how excited are you...yeah, me too." Dorks.
It really is amazing to see the transformation of the backyard. It was completely overgrown with small trees and shrubs. I can't wait to reveal before and after photos.
- We are sad that our great friends, Jeff and Leslie, are leaving Atlanta to pursue a fun grad-school filled life in Chapel Hill, NC but I am too excited to visit them when they get settled. We will be going to our first Braves game {of the season} with them tomorrow. Can't wait. We will be tomahawk choppin' all the way to Turner Field.
- It's also Father's Day weekend. Adam and I will be hosting our families to celebrate our fabulous fathers! Here's what we are cookin':
Jana's Apple Pie with Adam's Homemade Cinnamon Ice Cream
Can't wait!
Happy Weekend.
Updates to come...
Homemade Cinnamon Ice Cream? Yum! Where's the recipe? Sounds like a reward after all of the hard work!
ReplyDeleteAnd you forgot to add to your list that you are sooooo happy you get to see your BFF this Friday! WOOOO HOOO!!!!!
ReplyDelete