Can you tell I'm using this weekend to catch up?!
Easter weekend was a whirlwind visiting with family and friends. We celebrated the Resurrection of our Lord at the Flemings home and our families gathered together to eat delicious food and hunt for eggs.
We started the beautiful Easter Sunday at church with our friends, Jeff and Leslie. I love how our church places a beautiful cross outside {perfect for pictures}. Everyone is asked to bring flowers to lay at the cross to honor the Resurrection. It's a beautiful symbol and makes a great place to take photos.
It's a little impossible to get one without people in the background.
It was another beautiful day in Atlanta.
After church we headed to the Flemings where Adam's family and my parents joined together for Easter ham and all the fixins. Little Adam, Adam's 3 year-old cousin, was so cute to watch as he ran around the backyard hunting the bright colored eggs filled with chocolate and other yummy treats.
He wanted Big Adam to hunt the eggs with him. Easter egg hunts have come a long way since my day. Apparently, you need a net to help scoop up the plastic things. AND the eggs were painted to look like cute little bugs, lady bugs, beetles, etc.
Don't think that 6'3'' Big Adam is too old to crawl around...he loved every minute of the hunt. Grandmother enjoyed watching her oldest grandson and youngest great-grand son play together.
After lunch, it was nap time on the sofas with the pups.
My Easter decorations around the nest this year were very simple. Easter crept up on me and I didn't have a chance to do much. But my bunnies sure enjoyed being out this year.
I hit the jackpot a few years ago when I found these cute bunnies at TJMaxx for around $12 each. Their painted wooden bodies and floppy fabric ears fit perfect in the nest. One holds Spring flowers.
The other holds painted eggs.
I also found this Spring plate {which I wanted a whole set, but they only had one}.
I painted "Happy Easter" on it with chocolate puff paint.
I can peel it off at any time to add other messages, but for now it will be used for Easter.
I painted "Happy Easter" on it with chocolate puff paint.
I can peel it off at any time to add other messages, but for now it will be used for Easter.
My Easter present this year was soooo cute from my mom.
She found this super-cute wire cupcake tree at the Queen of Hearts. The little pots hold mini-nests with eggs.
She found this super-cute wire cupcake tree at the Queen of Hearts. The little pots hold mini-nests with eggs.
I think this little piece is going to stay out year-round.
To add to the crazy Easter weekend, Adam and I worked in the yard ALL DAY Saturday and planted our spring/summer flowers. I chose purples, bright oranges, and touches of white and yellow.
I can't wait for my potato vine to start growing.
I can't wait for my potato vine to start growing.
Pictures of the rest of the garden to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment