I was getting ready to post about our fabulous first "married" Christmas, when Google Blogger told me that my photo storage space has been used up. Bummer. So after purchasing more space (for only $5 for the year) I will wait the 24 hours for processing and hopefully post tomorrow.
In the meantime, I will talk about the new look!
This past Wednesday we closed down TWObirds Collective located in Queen of Hearts Antiques and Interiors. If you know anything about me, I can't stand to fail at something! Although the antique booth wasn't a complete failure, we certainly had a rough time keeping up with it. Now I know why the other successful booths in QoH were owned by dealers who did the booth as a full time job. And at this time in my life, I couldn't give my full time to being a dealer.
With that being said, I want to keep "TWObirds" alive...so I decided to name our blog TWObirds. After all, this blog is about Adam and I, {the two of us} and our lives as newlyweds while we "nest". Adam totally hates the idea of the "bird" theme... he told me last night, "I don't want to be a bird". Sorry dear, but it's my way of keeping the name alive. I have merged the "TWObirds" name with our blog. And soon, {drum roll please} I will {re}open my ETSY online store that will include an abundance of handmade items made by yours truly. {THINK: milly pins, milly totes, original prints, custom artwork, and hair fascinators}.
Why on earth am I doing all of this, you ask? Working full time for a job that doesn't necessarily allow me to paint, draw, and/or create everyday makes me itch for something else. Although I love what I do, I need to have art in my life too.
I have set a goal that in 2011, I plan to post at least 1-2 times a week. Post will include our travels, recipes, restaurant reviews, home improvements and decorating, info on my latest art projects, and links to my ETSY site, http://www.twobirdsco.etsy.com/.
So, I hope you enjoy the new blog look.
i had the same issue with picasa - news to me that my pics were stored online. i, too, paid the $5. kinda frustrating, but pretty cheap fix.
ReplyDeletehow do you do your headers?? love the new look - do you have a special program that does that? so impressive!
I ended up deleting my Picasa account because of that too. How annoying, but yes, $5 is a cheap fix.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I create my headers on Photoshop. I like to change them often {can you tell?}.
Hope your family had a great Christmas!
Loved the booth up at 'The Queen' and will miss it, but so glad to know that your etsy store will be open! The new look is great, too! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lindsey, I will miss it too. It was fun while it lasted. I hope to one day one again, but for now the ETSY site will keep me busy. I will hopefully have it up and running soon.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you too!