So we went from 82 degrees {bathing-suit wearing weather} to COLD, COLD Athens. We certainly couldn't miss the UGA/GaTech game. We headed to Athens and bundled up for the 7:30pm kick-off.
{yep, that's our football double-daters, Jeff and Leslie}
{Side Note} Ever been a victim of a crime? We had 2 extra season tickets to get rid of and we got duped by a group of good-for-nothing scalpers. They exchanged 2 REAL tickets for 2 FAKE $50 bills. After Adam's suspicion hit him only 5 minutes after the exchange {and a confirmation from the motorcycle cop in the photo below} the scammers had vanished. Athen's Banner-Herald reported over $2,000 of fake money was used in Samford Stadium that night. You can read about it here.
No worries. We still had a great time.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
After returning home from our quick trip to the beach and Athens {only about 375(x 2) miles across 2 states} we came home to all of our neighbors decorated homes. Of course I would not want to be that LAST home on the circle to put mine up. So Adam and I met during lunch and headed to the Atlanta State Farmers Market. This wasn't my first time here, but it was the first experience coming for a tree.
I was quicklydrooling over all of the greenery: garlands, wreathes, trees, large and small.
I was quickly
There were miles and miles of trees. All shapes and sizes. Most were hard to find any flaws.
HUGE piles of Christmas trees....everywhere!
I was amazed that this many tree existed. Most of the tree merchants in your neighborhood parking lots come here to buy the trees wholesale, however the farmers market is open to the public as well.
Thank heavens I was on my lunch break, because I knew I had to decide quick on which tree was ours. It was a tough decision as all of them were so perfect. {Adam thought it was so crazy that I brought my camera and he refused to get a picture of the two of us...memories Adam, memories}
So here I am, again, by myself with our perfect tree! She's a 9 ft. flawless beauty. {Yes, I'm wearing the same scarf and jackets as the UGA game. Yes, my hair is red. No, I'm not expecting despite what it appears like in this photo.}
There she went into our car. I couldn't help but think of the Geico "mayhem" commercial. Thankfully she was secured in the bed of the truck before leaving. Clyde's tree will suite the house well.
I really wanted this one... The "20" stands for 20 feet of magnificent fir.
We would have had to do some reconstructing of the house.
Not only did they have trees, but fresh wreathes and garland too. I score 75 FEET of garland AND a 9 ft. tree for $40!!! Thanks to the "Royal" hook-up!
Speaking of produce...check out the colorful display this farmer had.
Sorry Adam, this will forever be a Christmas tradition.
Of course, as soon as we got home, I was in full Christmas decorating mode! I got all of our decorations from the attic and started putting everything up around the house. Because I am hosting my staff's Holiday Party this year, I wanted to amp up the decor. Below is a sneak peak.
{3 pine cone wreathes that I decided to spray paint silver.}
I was inspired from many magazines this year with using a galvanized tub as a "tree skirt". This one below was given to me by my grandparents. They had it laying around their garage and I knew it would be perfect for the tree.
Here are a few photos of inspiration.
via CountryLiving
via CountryLiving
via MarthaStewart
What's your Holiday inspiration?



you are so. freaking. crafty. YOU are my inspiration!
ReplyDelete